GMail services are very nice, but if you lose your GMail account,then you will be in serious trouble.
Note that: It is better to make a backup of your data.
Here is a program that can download and archive all your emails in your GMail (inbox, archived and sent (including attachments), with the exception of spam folder).
- Have a GMail account with IMAP enabled in the configuration
- Have Python 2.5 installed.
- Go to this link
- Save the program into a Python file and run it with Python.
- Enter login and password, and wait.
Original FAQ by Sebsauvage on CCM!
- You'll get a file: yourlogin.mbox.
- This is a standard mailbox file that can be opened with almost all email client software.
Published by deri58
Latest update on April 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM by deri58.