Here's an easy way to retreive the latitude and longitudes of a certain location:
- First sign-in for your Google accounts.
- Open Google Maps
- Click on the small gear icon appearing in the upper toolbar > Map Labs
- LatLng Tooltip : Mouse over a location while holding the Shift key down to get the latitude and longitude.
- LatLng Marker: Allows you to drop a marker on Google Maps - Right-click over location.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Now search for the location of your choice on Google maps.
- From there simply mouse over the area of your choice while holding the Shift key, to get the topographical data.