I need Macro for counting duplicates in raw, See example below.
Report Results in next Column
Can this be done?
- Select the column (lets says its A)
- Go to filter, choose advance filter
- Select copy to new location
- Ensure that "List range" is correct
- Choose Unique value
- For have it B1 (for example)
This will give you in column B, a listing of unique names present in column A
Now that you have your unique names, it is time for having a count. For that you use a count IF
=COUNTIF(A:A, "=" & B2)
You can use Excel macro recorder which with give you a macro of these steps.
Thanks to rizvisa1
for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on December 1, 2011 at 09:47 AM by aakai1056.