Easeus Partition Master Free
In the past we were using proprietary softwares like Partition
Magic or Gparted
(requires some good computing knowledge) for partitioning
our hard drives.
But the problem is solved now, thanks to:
EASEUS Partition Manager Free
- System Requirement for EASUS: Windows 2000 Professional SP4, XP and Vista 32 bit.
- File Size: 4.51Mb
- License: Free
- Language: English
So before proceeding, download the software here
Installing the software
Once the installation is done, click on the icon found on your desktop, then the program will run:
So here I will choose the drive d:\ to decrease its size and then create a new partition
: Click on the disk shown in the image and then select Resize/Move Partition:
Then you will obtain this:
Now Use the button(selected in yellow) to modify more easily the partition, then type the number directly on the proposed case:
Your new partition will b the one selected in green, and the unallocated partition selected in red will be the one to be created in: NTFS
(recommended, is well more secure than FAT32
Then to accept, click in the window at the left then press Apply = Accept (Undo to cancel)..
Then you will get a confirmation message like this:
Then another message asking you to reboot your computer.
A blue screen will appear which will show load the changes made, Please do not turn off your pc, let it works.
Then in the end, you will see a windows
message which will appear like this one:
Click on Yes and restart your system, it's important to accept the changes of the partition till the end:
Ok, so now the work is done:
Create a new partition in unallocated space
Lets try to concentrate on the unallocated space now in order to create a new partition, follow the indications, then restart the program and click on unallocated partition shown in the picture:
Then click on Create Partition, choose the letter which labels your hard drive (Example F, G, I, O, W) and then format the system (NTFS). Press Ok to accept:
Before Confirming you will notice this:
Then you just have to do Apply
The Operation is done more rapidly and as you can see in the picture:
It's done! :
To verify, on My Computer to see the new partition:
the free version, you can not merge partitions
just to make one, it nevertheless contains a few options ...
Key features of EaseUs Partition Free:
- Support RAID.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Pro SP4, XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64bit)
- Compatibility with Windows partitions (NTFS, FAT) and Linux (EXT2, EXT3).
- Management of removable media (flash drives, memory cards ...).
- Permanent deletion of a partition to prevent data recovery.
- Test the disk surface to check and find bad sectors.
- Convert Primary Partition to logical Partition, and vice versa.
- Partition Recovery.
- Recreate the MBR.
- Resize and move partitions without losing data.
- Create and delete partitions with simple steps.
- Assign a letter to a partition for easy identification.
- Format partitions in a single click.
- Display the properties of each partition.
- Hide and unhide partitions - protect important data from unauthorized or casual access.
- Specify the boot partition.
- Overview of the effects of partitioning a hard drive before applying the changes.
- Change cluster size automatically/manually.
- Supports hard disks of 20GB to 2TB.
Now, you'll be able to manage your partitions more easily.
Original article published by espion3004
. Translated by jak58