In the past we were using proprietary softwares like Partition Magic or Gparted
(requires some good computing knowledge) for partitioning our hard drives.
But the problem is solved now, thanks to:
EASEUS Partition Manager Free
- System Requirement for EASUS: Windows 2000 Professional SP4, XP and Vista 32 bit.
- File Size: 4.51Mb
- License: Free
- Language: English
So before proceeding, download the software here
Installing the software
Once the installation is done, click on the icon found on your desktop, then the program will run:
So here I will choose the drive d:\ to decrease its size and then create a new partition: Click on the disk shown in the image and then select Resize/Move Partition:
Then you will obtain this:
Now Use the button(selected in yellow) to modify more easily the partition, then type the number directly on the proposed case:
Your new partition will b the one selected in green, and the unallocated partition selected in red will be the one to be created in: NTFS (recommended, is well more secure than FAT32).
Then to accept, click in the window at the left then press Apply = Accept (Undo to cancel)..
Then you will get a confirmation message like this:
Then another message asking you to reboot your computer.
A blue screen will appear which will show load the changes made, Please do not turn off your pc, let it works.
Then in the end, you will see a windows message which will appear like this one:
Click on Yes and restart your system, it's important to accept the changes of the partition till the end:
Ok, so now the work is done:
Create a new partition in unallocated space
Lets try to concentrate on the unallocated space now in order to create a new partition, follow the indications, then restart the program and click on unallocated partition shown in the picture:
Then click on Create Partition, choose the letter which labels your hard drive (Example F, G, I, O, W) and then format the system (NTFS). Press Ok to accept:
Before Confirming you will notice this:
Then you just have to do Apply
The Operation is done more rapidly and as you can see in the picture:
It's done! :
To verify, on My Computer to see the new partition:
the free version, you can not merge partitions just to make one, it nevertheless contains a few options ...
Key features of EaseUs Partition Free:
- Support RAID.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Pro SP4, XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64bit)
- Compatibility with Windows partitions (NTFS, FAT) and Linux (EXT2, EXT3).
- Management of removable media (flash drives, memory cards ...).
- Permanent deletion of a partition to prevent data recovery.
- Test the disk surface to check and find bad sectors.
- Convert Primary Partition to logical Partition, and vice versa.
- Partition Recovery.
- Recreate the MBR.
- Resize and move partitions without losing data.
- Create and delete partitions with simple steps.
- Assign a letter to a partition for easy identification.
- Format partitions in a single click.
- Display the properties of each partition.
- Hide and unhide partitions - protect important data from unauthorized or casual access.
- Specify the boot partition.
- Overview of the effects of partitioning a hard drive before applying the changes.
- Change cluster size automatically/manually.
- Supports hard disks of 20GB to 2TB.
Now, you'll be able to manage your partitions more easily.