Orkut is one of the most popular social networking sites on the internet. It is a simple and easy process to sign in on Orkut
. For first time users, registration is required. To register on Orkut
, just enter the details which are asked for on the registration web page. The next step is to create a profile on Orkut
that would be visible to all, or a selected group ,according your preferences. Once a profile has been created, it is simple to sign in on Orkut
with an account name and the password created earlier.
Sign in to Orkut
Orkut is a free social networking service owned and managed by Google. The service is designed to help users meet new friends and maintain existing relationships just like Facebook.
- A user first creates a Profile, in which his personal, social and professional details are displayed
- Users can upload photos into their Orkut profile.
- Users can also add videos to their profile from either YouTube or Google Video.
- GTalk is integrated to Orkut to enable chat and file sharing.
- Each and every member can create a community.
Follow the steps below to sign in to Orkut:
- To access the site, click on the "More" link on the Google home page
- Click "And more" in the menu that opens
- In the "Other products" that appear, choose "Orkut" from "Communicate, publish and share"
- A new window will open:
- Enter your email and password in the appropriate fields, then click "Login"
- In the window that appears, click "Continue" and follow the instructions to accept the terms and conditions
- You must now fill out your profile
- Fields marked with an asterisk are required
- Those followed by a yellow key may be partially or completely hidden when certain members view your profile
- If you choose "Friends" from the dropdown list to the right of the key, only people listed as your friend can view that information.
- When you are done, click "Finish"
For unlimited offline reading, you can download this article for free in PDF format:
In the same category
Original article published by ChristophePineau
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Crashounette