Microsoft Word is an important tool that is used to type text documents
over the world.Counting the number of words in the document while typing is a very useful feature. The word count option
can be easily accessed in Word. The properties option in file
, in the Word program, will enable the users to count the number of words
.The other way is to open the document with OpenOffice.org. This will display the number of words and characters in the entire document, as well any in a selected part of the document.
Counting the number of words in a document (Word or OpenOffice.org)
It is sometimes useful to count the number of words or characters in a document. The two major office suites can do it very simply.
- Open your document in Word
- Click on File > Properties
- Word will display general information about the files, including the number of characters and words
- Open your document with OpenOffice.org
- Go to Tools > Statistics
- A window will appear showing the number of words and characters in the document
- Note: This will also show you the above information for highlighted text within the document. Simply highlight the desired text before following the above steps.
Published by netty5
Latest update on February 19, 2012 at 02:21 PM by Paul Berentzen.