How to promote an online event ?
How to use the internet to promote an event? Various web tools can be used to communicate information about a conference, a training day, or on the launch of a promotional offer. The goal is to recruit participants, attract prospects, or simply to boost the reputation of a particular event. Here are some tips to promote an event on social networks, with a selection of platforms dedicated to the creation, promotion and management of events.
Publish and promote an online event on LinkedIn
The professional social network, LinkedIn has a module dedicated to the creation and promotion of events:
- Virtual conference,
- Trade shows,
- Training sessions.
The events are visible to members of your network (free), and can also be promoted next to a targeted audience (Optional)
- Click on the More select the LinkedIn Event Application
- Click on "Create an event"
- A form will be available, simply enter the various information about the online event:
- Type of event
- Indicate whether you are an organizer of the event or a simple participant.
- By default, once the event is published, a notification appears in the news feed of your network members. They can register and indicate their participation as well.
- You can also share the event with specific contacts, or promote it through advertising.
===Publish and promote an event on Viadeo==
Viadeo can be used to promote public events and allow members to join.
- The professional social network allows you:
- To add keywords related to the event: for better visibility on search engines
- Extend visibility of the event in the community for free.
- The module also allows:
- Associate a map to his event (Google Maps widget)
- To limit the number of participants.
Read this comprehensive guide to using Viadeo
Publish and promote an event on Facebook
If you want to promote an event on Facebook, among the fans of your page business (e.g launching a new product, sale event), a feature is directly accessible via the Timeline.
Note: Unlike the "Events" feature of the personal pages, the functionality offered in the business pages does not allow invitations.
Manage the organization of an online event: the different tools
Some online tools help ensure end to end management and promotion of events:
- Eventbrite: a platform for the creation, promotion and management of events, online ticketing.
This solution allows:
- Create a custom event page
- Sell tickets from your site, incorporating a ticket widget
- Select different types of tickets barcode(eg integration of coupons)
- Offer simplified online registration
Other solutions online management and promotion of event:
- Use social networks in synergy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube), with reminders at regular intervals about the dates, theme, and information relating to the upcoming event.
- Find a catchy name for the event
- Give as much practical information as possible: start and end time of the event, description (eg workshops, themes), exact location and route, registration fee, and photo (logo).
In the same category
Original article published by CommentCaMarche
. Translated by deri58