In the case that your computer freezes and all that is left is a black screen (with mouse cursor), you can try the below solution:
- Place the Windows 7 disc in the drive and boot from it.
- When "Press any key to boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD" appears, press any key to start booting from installation disc.
- Note: If you failed to boot from the installation disc then make sure first boot device is set as CD\DVD Drive.
- When the language preference appears, click on Next.
- When "Install Now" appears --> Click on "Repair your computer" found at the bottom.
- Click on "Next" --> Select the option "Use recovery tools that can fix problems starting Windows" and click on "Next" --> When "System Recovery Options" appear --> Select the option "Startup Repair".
- If the problem still exists, follow the above steps again and this time select the option "System Restore" and follow the instructions.
Thanks to jack4rall
for this tip.
Published by deri58
Latest update on August 26, 2012 at 01:35 AM by deri58.