You have made an estimate in the form of an Excel table:
- you have added each sub-totals and get a total HT (in E8 for example), followed by a discount (in E9), the VAT applied (E10), got your Total Price VAT included .(E11)
- your client asks you to round the tax amount ..... (in E11)
- You do not want to change your Total HT (E8).
- You may not edit your VAT applied (E10).
- You can change your Discount (E9).
Go to: Tools > Goal seek > Select cell .. Clicking E11 (your Total TTC)/Value to reach ... you specify the value you want to be displayed ... Click on E9 (Discount) .... OK.
- Excel recalculates the discount (E9) to reach precisely exact final value (E11), and also adjusts your VAT amount (E10) without changing the rate.
Published by deri58
Latest update on August 30, 2012 at 09:31 AM by deri58.