Removing the AppBario toolbar
The AppBario8 toolbar has been is installed on my Computer and since then my PC is experiencing serious slowdowns and sometimes the screen flashes.
- Appbario8 does not appear in the Add/Remove programs or can't be removed using CC Cleaner. What can be done ?
- Download Ad-Remover (from C_XX) on the desktop.
- Close all running applications
- Double click the installer and install it in its default location (C: Program files)
- Under XP: Click on the shortcut to launch
- Under Vista: Right-click on the shortcut created and click "Run as Administrator"
- At the main menu select "S" (Start scan)
- A report will appear after the scan, then post it on the forum (it is also saved as C: Ad-Report-SCAN.log)
To make sure that nothing remains, download and install MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware:
- Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (by rubber ducky) on your desktop.
- Install the software. If the COMCTL32.OCX file is missing, you can download it here
- Update the software
- Start in Safe Mode
- Run MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware (Full Scan) and then select Search all your hard drives.
- Once the scan is complete, click on delete (if you are asked to reboot the PC, accept!)