VNC which means VIRTUAL NETWORK COMPUTING is a software which allows you to do Remote Assistance / Remote Desktop. The other user must have VNC also installed on his machine. VNC is an Open Source software, completely free of use.
- Run the server
- A password will be needed from the person who will help you
- Send him your IP Address to give him access to your machine remotely.
- When doing so, the other user will have access on your pc! He will navigate your OS and fix the error you got!
- It is available for a very large number of platforms. In particular, the client may be a simple java applet in a browser!
- A person running Linux may thus act upon your system though you're running Windows and vice versa.(platform independent )
- A light, compatible and improved version RealVNC, TightVNC, which supports eg transfer of files in Windows. See the complete list of improvements here..
- TightVNC: http://www.tightvnc.com/
- UltraVNC is an enhanced version of VNC with chat feature and file transfer:
Via a Website
Several website offers free remote assistance services
Published by netty5
Latest update on April 16, 2010 at 09:03 AM by deri58.