How to change the IP address via the command prompt?
- First open the command prompt as administrator:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click Start to bring up the boot menu.
- In the search bar, type "cmd".
- Instead of validating the search, press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter.
- To change IP and default gateway:
- To change DNS:
- This procedure will work, assuming that:
- The network adapter you're trying to change the IP for named "local area connection". It could also be named as "local area connection 2" or "wireless network connection".
- Look in your control panel for the correct name
- The IP you want to set is 192.168.0.101, change this to whatever IP you want to use.
- The default gateway and DNS are the same as the IP. Change this to match your network config found with the command ipconfig /all
Thanks to 2xod.com
for this tip