I have migrate my .pst file from one PC to another and restored it in Outlook. The problem is that I can receive mails from my Yahoo account , but I can't send none. How to solve this issue?
You'll need to update the settings.
To update the settings in Outlook:
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click on the Tools menu.
3. Click on Account Settings.
4. Select your mail account and click the Change button.
5. Change the following settings:
- Incoming mail server: Change your current settings to pop.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Change your current settings to smtp.att.yahoo.com
- User Name: If you don't already have your complete email address entered here, do so now.
6. Click the More Settings button.
7. Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
8. Change the following settings:
- Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Click the Advanced tab.
10. Change the following settings:
- Check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming server (POP3).
- Select SSL from the Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown menu under Outgoing server (SMTP).
- Incoming server (POP3): Change your current settings to 995.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Change your current settings to 465.
11. Click OK.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.
Thanks to ibistech
for this tip.