How to get rid of Claro Search
Claro Search is a parasite search engine that installs without your permission or knowledge. Upon installation it will replace your homepage and search engine by default-search.net. It is also responsible for the display of popup ads during your browsing session.
In this article you will learn how to get rid of Claro Search and any bundled malwares.
Uninstall via the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven: Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features, find and uninstall Claro search
- For Windows XP: Go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and uninstall Claro Search.
AdwCleaner is freeware that can handle the removal of most PUPs, adware, browser hijackers and malicious toolbars.
- Download the latest version of AdwCleaner.
- Launch the program and click on Scan
- Once the scan is completed, click on the Clean
- Restart your computer if necessary.
- Download and install Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Click on the Updates tab > Search for updates.
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select any detected items and click "Remove Selected".
- If prompted to restart the PC, click on Accept.
Clean your web browsers
- Uninstall parasite extensions:
- Under Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.
Note that: In the case you are unable to uninstall the extension under Google Chrome, simply reset your browser settings.
You should be careful when installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
- Read the EULA before installing a software and always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites distributing harmful programs: http://ccm.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
In the same category
Original article published by Malekal_morte-
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58