Emails received in your Yahoo account can be read using Microsoft Outlook with Yahoo! Mail
.The Yahoo! account has to be a paid subscription with mail forwarding support and POP3 access. A little configuration of the Yahoo! Account
is required in order to receive the emails in Outlook with any internet connection. After the required changes are made in the Yahoo! account, the settings have to be tested. If there is any missing or wrong information, the Outlook software would be able to notify the problem entries through the test account settings
tab so that they can be corrected. Using Microsoft Outlook with Yahoo! Mail
Using Outlook with your Yahoo! Mail
It is now possible to use your Outlook account to with your Yahoo! paid subscription email accounts that have POP3 access and forwarding features. This will allow you to receive your Yahoo! messages directly on Outlook from any Internet connection around the world. You can do this by accessing an authenticated SMTP server that your Yahoo! mail provides you with, which will let you send and receive emails using Outlook.
Step 1: Configuring your Yahoo! account
- 1. Go to your Tools menu and choose "Email Accounts"
- 2. Select "Add a new email account" and click "Next"
- 3. Select "POP3" and click "Next"
- 4. Go to the "User Information" section to type in your full name in the field labeled "Your Name".
- 5. In the other field labeled "Email address", enter your whole email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6. Go to the "Server Information" section and in the field labeled "Incoming mail server (POP3)", enter the server name that matches your email address (e.g. If your email address is email@example.com, type in "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the "Incoming mail server (POP3)" section. Similarly, if you are registered at yahoo.co.uk, type in "pop.mail.yahoo.uk" in the "Incoming mail server (POP3)" section).
- 7. In the field labeled "outgoing mail server (SMTP)", enter the server name that matches your email address. (e.g. If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type in "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" section. Similarly, if you are registered at yahoo.co.uk, type in "smtp.mail.yahoo.uk" in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" section).
- 8. When done, go to the "Logon information" section and in the field labeled "User name", enter your current Yahoo! username only (e.g. johnsmith).
- 9. In the field labeled "Password", enter your current password and check the option "Remember password".
Step 2: Check that the account is working
- 1. Under the section labeled "Test Account Settings", choose this option. If any required information is missing, you will be told so and prompted to enter them correctly.
- 2. Choose the option "More Settings"
- 3. Go to the "General" tab and in field labeled "Mail Account", enter "Yahoo! Mail"
- 4. Select the "Outgoing Server" tab and check the option labeled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- 5. When done, choose "Next" and click "Finish"
Published by prasana77
. - Latest update by Paul Berentzen