Sometimes the HP laptop built-in webcam does not work
. Most likely, it is not a hardware problem unless the built-in camera is broken. With most laptop computers,it is a problem with the webcam configuration or a device driver problem. To solve HP laptop built-in webcam configuration
problem, check the settings of the webcam. If it is a HP laptop built-in webcam device driver problem
, download the latest webcam drivers from the internet and install the new device drivers. First, uninstall the older device drivers and then install the latest device drivers.
HP laptop built-in webcam not working
It has become common for HP Pavilion laptop users to face major problems with their built in webcams. This can be either due to a configuration problem or a problem with your driver.
For Windows Vista/XP users
If you are using a Windows Vista operating system, this is what you can do:
- 1. Ensure that you are connected to the Internet and that you know the model number of your laptop
- 2. Connect to the HP website on this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/...
- 3. After selecting your laptop model, click on Software & Drivers Downloads
- 4. Select your operating system
- 5. Choose the software update file that you need and follow the instructions
Here are some additional steps you can take to try to solve the problem:
- Open the Device manager
- Go to WEBCAM (HP Webcam)
- Go to the Driver tab
- Uninstall the driver
- Restart when prompted
- When the machine is turned on, the driver will be reinstalled and your camera should be running smoothly
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Paul Berentzen