SkyDrive can't be run using full administrator rights
During the installation of Skydrive you encounter the following error message: SkyDrive can't be run using full administrator rights
This problem is mostly encountered under Windows Vista SP2.
The problem can be solved either by installing the application on a standard account or by modifying the UAC settings your PC, SkyDrive won't work when UAC is disabled.
Make sure UAC is enabled. To do this:
- Go to the Start menu and then Control Panel.
- Double-Click on "User Accounts".
- Click Enable or disable User Account Control. Enter your admin password if required.
- Check "Use User Account Control to help protect your computer" to activate the feature, and then click OK.
- Try installing Skydrive again .
Unable to connect to Skydrive
If the security configurations (Enhanced Security Configuration) prevent you from connecting to SkyDrive, please refer to the steps below:
1 - Open Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu > Internet Options
2 - Go to the Security tab, select Trusted sites
3 - Click on Sites
4 - Add the following URLs to to the trusted sites list (uncheck "Require server verification(https) for all sites in this zone):
Save your new settings and launch Skydrive.
Source Diana_Mo (Microsoft Community moderator)
Original document published by jlpjlp
Original article published by jlpjlp
. Translated by deri58