If you are encountering some difficulties to reinstall ZoneAlarm, here are some tips.
- This work for all versions of ZoneAlarm
- Use Administrator account to perform the operation below.
- Better download the latest version available.
- Save the downloaded file (set up) to a folder on your Hard Disk as C:\Programs. Do not use "Open" or "Run" on the file.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode (press "F8" during startup)
- Open Windows Explorer, then go to Tools/File Options/Display and enable the
function "Show all files and folders"
- The folders and files must be erased:
Zone Labs (C:\Programmes\ZoneLabs ou
Internet Logs (C:\Windows\Internet Logs ou
Zone Labs (C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs ou
- Click on Start/ Find Files or data and then find and delete the following files:
3. Delete temporary files of Windows:
- Enter %temp%
, then click "OK"
- In the next window select all files, then delete them.
4. Empty the Windows Prefetch folder:
- Click on Start/Run
- Enter Prefetch
and click "OK"
- In the next window select all files and delete them.
5. Then edit the Windows registry:
Click on Start/Run and then type regedit
- In the next window remove the following key:
- Finally, empty the Recycle bin restart the computer again.
- Save the downloaded file on your computer. Do not change the name of this file and save it on drive C:\
- Start the installation by double-clicking the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions
At the beginning of the installation process it displays a registration. It is strongly recommended to insert data into
each field of registration.
- Run the software as a trial version and activate it by inserting the license key on the "Presentation" tab /"Product Info" button "Modify the license."
Insert the key using copy and paste (select the whole key, and then press simultaneously keys Ctrl + C, click in the field of integration, then simultaneously press the Ctrl + V).
Now your software should run properly.