Each time I want to shutdown Windows 7, a empty "program still need to close" dialog is displayed.
You can't fully disable this feature, but instead you can modify the time out settings (time for which the dialog is displayed):
Open the registry (Start > Run > type "regedit")
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control
- Click on Control.
- In the right pane double-click on the following entry "WaitToKillServiceTimeout".
- By default, the value under:
- Windows 7: 12000 (12 sec).
- Windows Vista: 20000 (20 sec).
The minimum recommended value is 2000. Make you changes and save your settings.
Restart your PC.