Here below, you will learn how to configure repositories for installations, updates .... for your Mageia Linux OS.
- You must know the root password (Administrator).
- Your PC must be connected to the internet.
The Mageia Control Center
The Mageia Control Center regroups all the options for configuring your system.
It is accessible from the Tools menu of your desktop:
The root password will be required:
Once entered and validated, you have access to the Control center:
In the right column, go to Manage software.
In the left section click on "Configure media sources for install and updates".
Configure your Repositories
- In the windows that opens, you have the choice between "Update sources only" or "Full set of sources".
- Click on "Update sources only".
- The system will request access to your Internet connection
- The list of Repositories will be updated
- Once your repositories database is configured, simply perform an update.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 13, 2012 at 08:34 AM by noctambule28.