I'm unable to change the color or theme under Windows (Personalization > Window Color and Appearance ). What can be done?
Follow the below procedure:
- Click on Start > Search > msconfig.
- Right-click > "Run As Administrator"
- Go to the Services Tab
- Verifiy if the checkboxes next to "Themes" and "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" are ticked.
- Click on OK
- Click on Start > Search "services"
- In the Services dialog look for following entries "Themes" and "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager"
- Check if these services are "running"
- In the other case, right-click > Start > Startup Type set to "Automatic".
Thanks to cluelessgeek
for this tip.
Published by deri58
Latest update on December 27, 2012 at 08:10 AM by deri58.