Windows 8.1: How to create a system image?
A system image is an exact copy of a drive. By default, a system image includes the drives required for Windows to run. It also includes the operating system, your files, programs and system settings. You can use a system image to restore the content of your computer if your hard disk or your computer crashes. Restoration from a system image, is done as a whole, you won't be able to choose individual items to be restored.
Procedure under Windows 8.1:
- Press the Windows key + X > Control Panel.
- Select the Windows 7 File Recovery.
- Click on "Create a system image".
- Choose the drive to perform your backup and click Next.
- The procedure may take a few minutes.
- Click on Start backup.
- Once the image is created, the utility allows you to create a system recovery disc.
- If you have not yet created it, click Yes.
- The system recovery disk is necessary load the image to your disk.
- The image file will be stored in a folder named WindowsImageBackup.
Published by deri58
Latest update on March 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM by deri58.