How to add a Start Menu to Windows 8?
This tip is dedicated to users having difficulties to use the new inteface of Windows 8! Here's how to get the Start Menu back.
This method only will only add the "Start Menu" folder.
- Right-click on the task bar > Toolbars > New Toolbar ...
- Go into the disk containing the Windows installation (usually C) and then ProgramData > Windows (Enable the display of hidden files).
- Select the Start Menu folder (without opening it).
- Click on the Select a folder button.
- The Start menu will be displayed in the Taskbar.
- This software allows you to restore the Start menu of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista ...
- Download Classic Shell and save the file
- Run the downloaded file
- The following menu allows you to choose what you want to install. Simply click on Next.
- The software is now installed! Click Finish
- The Start Menu displayed shall be displayed !
- Click on it and configure your settings.
- Confirm the changes
- Finalize the installation, by clicking on the Finish button.
- Your new Start Menu under Windows 8:
This commercial software is very efficient and adds a start button to the taskbar.
- This software is free and adds a Start menu to Windows 8.
- This software can be downloaded on this page.
Download Pokki : http://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu
The new update 8.1 of the Windows 8, may include a "Start" button.
Published by deri58
Latest update on March 1, 2015 at 05:32 AM by Ambucias.