Restore points are being deleted each time you start Windows 8!
What can be done?
Go to the Metro interface > click at the bottom of the page and then click > All applications > Run.
- Type > regedit and OK.
- In the registry, expand the following keys.
- Right-click on MountedDevices then select New > Key.
- A new key is created. Name it as "Offline".
- Right-click on the Offline key > New Value > Dword 32.
- Name the value as: " \DosDevices\C"
- The C/ refers to the letter of the system partition.
- Select "Hexadecimal" and as value enter "1".
- Close the Registry.
- Then go to Control Panel > Recovery > Configure System Restore.
- Disable the system restore feature and reactivate it.
- Allocate a maximum 7-8% to the system restore feature and create a Restore point.
- Restore points will no longer be cleared, upon restarting your PC.