How to remove Delta Search/Delta Toolbar/Delta-Holmes/Search-gol?
Delta Toolbar / Delta-Search / Delta-Holmes are PUPs (potentially unwanted program), that changes the homepage and default search engine of your browser, to track and send information about your browsing habits, to third party servers for targeted advertising.
You will also notice the installation of a new toolbar.
Delta Toolbar is often proposed via software affiliations systems. After every successful installation, the author is paid.
- Pay attention to what you download and download sources.
- These software are not essential and slow your computer.
Step 1- Removal via the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven/8: Go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features, look and uninstall Delta Search/Delta Toolbar.
- For Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, find and uninstall Delta Search/Delta Toolbar.
Reset your browser settings:
- Remove the related extensions added to Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Change your default search engine.
- Reset your homepage.
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection remove adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal is complete, a report will be generated.
Step 3: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
After disinfection: Securing your computer against PUPs
To avoid installing adwares and PUPs in the future, here are some tips:
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs:
- Never download programs offered through advertisements or suspicious sites.
- If you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- When you perform a Google search on Delta Search - Fake security blogs are returned in the result pages
- Fake blogs are sites that offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix (specific tools), including Delta Search.
- This fix turns out to be a paid antispyware (Spyhunter or Spyware Doctor)!
These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
E.g: The fake blogs on the first page of Google search results:
Original article published by Carlos-vialfa
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58