with head sets are very useful to communicate with via G Talk or Skype
. However, when the microphone
gets connected to the PC using XP
as the OS, it could fail to get recognized by the system. More frustrating is the fact the microphone
might not come with any installation CD or drivers
. Users have to install the hardware on the system. On the Windows XP Control Panel, the voice tab
of sounds and audio devices has to be selected to allow the computer to scan the
hardware and eventually install it.
You may need a microphone with a headset to use on Gtalk or Skype. If you are having trouble connecting your microphone, the following advice may help:
- Open the Start menu
- Then open the Control Panel
- Click on Sounds, Voice and Audio Device
- Click the voice tab
- At the bottom of the window is an option to test your equipment
- Click Next and wait for the computer to scan and install your hardware
- Click Finish
- Your hardware is now installed.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM by Jeff.