Avast Free Antivirus
possesses a feature which allows the detection and removal of harmful/suspicious browser toolbars.
To make use of this feature:
- Double-click on the taskbar icon to open Avast.
- Go to the Security tab > Tools
- Click on "Browser Cleanup".
- In the left pane, click on "Start avast! Browser Cleanup NOW"
- Avast will display the suspicious/harmful toolbars installed on your browsers.
- First, click on the "Disable" button next to the toolbar.
- Close all running instances of your browsers.
- Go to Summary > Current status and click on the Remove button to uninstall the toolbar..