First make sure that the Virtualbox guest additions are installed: read this FAQ
Creation of the shared folder in VirtualBox
- Open VirtualBox
- Select the machine of your choice (the one concerned by the sharing).
- Click on the Preferences menu
- In the left pane, click on Shared folders
- Then click Add a new shared folder (right
- Select your directory and click Ok
- Assign a simple name to it.
- Click OK again to close the preferences window.
Mounting the shared folder on Ubuntu
- Boot your machine normally .
- Go to Applications> Accessories> Terminal.
- To create the folder to be mounted, type the following:
- mkdir path_to_folder (mkdir /home/spe2d/Bureau/tuto_ccm)
- Type sudo -s to go as root and enter your password.
- Now to mount the shared directory:
- mount -t vboxsf name_given_to_folder_under_VirtualBox /path_to mount-directory (mount -t vboxsf documents /home/spe2d/bureau/tuto_ccm)
Your shared directory is now active.
To unmount the shared directory
Note that : this tip also works with other Linux distributions
- Boot your machine normally
- Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal
- Type the following command :
- umount path_to_mounted_directory (umount /home/spe2d/Bureau/tuto_ccm)