My PS3 detects my the multimedia server created under Windows 7, but when I click on a message appears:
Access to the Media Server is not allowed, it is possible that the system name for this PS3 system, has not been registered...
Check the settings for the Media Server
Under Windows 7:
- Go to "Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select "Homegroup".
- Change advanced sharing settings".
- On this page, expand the "Home or Work".
- "Turn on network discovery"
- "Turn on file and printer sharing"
- Then go to "Change Homegroup Settings: and check the items you want share:
- Check "Stream my pictures, music, and videos to all devices on my home network".
- Click on the "Choose media streaming options" link.
- On this page, for "show devices on:" and select "all networks." I
- On the drop-down menu that opens, you will see multiple devices with one called "unknown device" in front of which is marked "blocked."
- Simply allow this device (your PS3) and save your settings.
Thanks to Rom1Metal
for this tip.
Published by deri58
Latest update on April 12, 2013 at 02:45 PM by deri58.