Upon trying to install extension for Google Chrome (out of the Chrome Web Store), the following error is displayed:
- "Extensions, apps, and user scripts cannot be installed from this web site".
- Download the extension to your PC (do not try to install it):
- Right-click on the Install button and select "Save link as"
- In the window that opens, choose the folder where the extension (.crx) will be saved and click on the "Save".
- Under Google Chrome, click on "Customized and Control Google Chrome" > "Tools" > "Extensions".
- Finally, drag the .crx file to the extensions page, to install it.
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 18, 2016 at 05:23 PM by owilson.