There are several HTML editors that can be used to create your website! The purpose of this tip is to help you choose the right editor, to get a clean and readable code.
Some software your should avoid using!
- Frontpage: Generates invalid code: uppercase tag, non-standard properties (not compatible with all browsers).
- Word: messed up the tabes and closes tags in the wrong direction.
Publisher: This software was not designed for making Web sites.
WYSIWYG Editors: WYSIWYG or "What you see is what you get" editors allow you get a preview of how your final website will look like!
- Dreamweaver: is the one that generates the cleanest code in design mode and provide features for auto-completion of tags and attributes.
- Web Expert: Generates clean code.
- Nvu/Kompozer: Under two different names, these two projects are based on Mozilla Composer.
- Amaya: a standard-compliant web editor, created by the W3C, free and open-source.
- WebAcappella: A WYSIWYG tool that requires no programming knowledge.
Source code editors
is a free source code editor which supports several languages. *It uses the same component as SciTE (Scintilla). It provides the ability to auto-complete your code for some languages ??by providing a list of basic functions. Everything is customizable. The default syntax highlighting is very relevant.
- Distributed freely under the GPL.
An excellent editor for Windows. It possesses severalfeatures and practical details. In addition, it is very light. It is very similar to Notepad ++, you can add extensions, available on the official website. It includes *Tidy (for verification/correction of HTML codes) as well as various specific tools for HTML: compression of HTML, reformatting, color picker...etc
- Download link http://www.pspad.com/
Excellent, light, simple, effective and free!
Published by deri58
Latest update on July 22, 2013 at 06:11 AM by deri58.