Windows 8.1 - Prevent apps from accessing your name, picture or other account info
To prevent apps from accessing and using your name, picture or other information related to your account, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Charms Bar.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on "Change PC settings".
- Go to the "Privacy" section.
- Under "Let apps use my name and account picture", select "Off".
The procedure is almost the same:
- Open the Charms Bar (Windows key + C).
- Go to Settings > Change PC settings > Privacy
- Go to the General section and turn off "Let apps access my name, picture, and other account info".
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 8, 2014 at 09:47 AM by jak58.