Windows 8.1 - Display the estimated data usage for your network connections
Windows 8 allows you to get a preview of your data usage for each of your connections. To enable this feature:
- Click on the Network tray icon
- Right-click on the connection of your choice > Show estimated data usage.
If you have updated your operating system to Windows 8.1, proceed as follows:
- Open the Charms bar (Windows key + C) > Settings.
- Change PC settings > Network > Connections.
- In the right-pane, click on the network of your choice:
- Turn on the following feature: "Show my estimated data use in the Network list".