The YouTube application is pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S4, but to use it you need to be connected to the Internet, either via WiFi or via your data connection. However, there is an alternative application for Android devices that enables you to view and download YouTube videos.
Since TubeMate isn't available on Google Play, you will first need to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources.
- On your mobile: Go to Settings > More > Security
- Check the box next to "Unknown sources"
Download and install TubeMate
- From your phone, download TubeMate YouTube Downloader
- Open the Notifications panel to view the progress of the download (or go to Settings> More> Storage> Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, click on the tubemate_1-5.apk file.
- Click on "Install" to launch the installation of TubeMate.
- Click Open to run the application.
Download videos from YouTube
- From the TubeMate interface:
- Click the magnifying glass top right and find the video you want to download.
- Select the video from the list, then press the green arrow situated at the bottom of the screen.
- In the window that opens, click on "Download".
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 14, 2013 at 08:43 AM by jak58.