Using your Smartphone's GPS - Some road safety tips
GPS has become an important tool for drivers. Mobile phones offers a good alternative to dedicated GPS device. When you are driving, it is important to focus on the road. To emphasize road safety, just follow a few simple rules for using your smartphone's GPS!
Set the route before hitting the road
- Before hitting the road, choose the application that best suits you. According to the mobile phone being used, several applications can be installed: It is recommended to do some tests to choose the software, you are more comfortable with.
- Check that the GPS feature of your smartphone is enabled
- Set the route prior to departure. Make a choice if multiple routes are available (fastest, shortest, without tolls ....).
- Check that the destination address is correct.
Configure the audio notifications
- Configure the volume levels of the smartphone to clearly hear the indications given by the GPS.
- Do not follow instruction given by the GPS if it is contrary to the road regulations.
- Subscribe to a GPS service, to get information about the traffic conditions. Depending on the options chosen, the information is updated in real time or at regular intervals.
Connecting your device
- Depending on your phone model, there are several accessories to fix your phone on the dashboard or the windscreen.
- Make sure it is stable.
- Check (regularly) if the phone is not overheating.
- Disable the GPS feature when not in use.
Published by deri58
Latest update on February 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM by deri58.