If you have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a data plan, you can easily share your internet connection with a PC or tablet via Wi-Fi connection.
The procedure is as follows:
Enable Wi-Fi tethering:
- On the home screen of your Galaxy S4, go to Settings> Connections tab> More networks> Tethering and portable hotspot
- Click on Configure.
- Give a Name to your network and enter a password.
- Select "Show advanced options" to configure the advanced settings:
- Security : WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK.
- Broadcast channel: Auto, 2.4 or 5GHz
- Max number of connections
- Time-out settings.
Once done, click on Save.
Turn on "Mobile Hotspot"
- From the Homescreen, drag the Notification drawer down > Turn on "Mobile Hotspot".
- On your other device (tablet, PC or another smartphone), search for the Mobile hotspot and connect using the previously defined password.
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM by jak58.