If you have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a data plan, you can easily share your internet connection with a PC or tablet via Wi-Fi connection.
The procedure is as follows:
Enable Wi-Fi tethering:
- On the home screen of your Galaxy S4, go to Settings> Connections tab> More networks> Tethering and portable hotspot
- Click on Configure.
- Give a Name to your network and enter a password.
- Select "Show advanced options" to configure the advanced settings:
- Security : WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK.
- Broadcast channel: Auto, 2.4 or 5GHz
- Max number of connections
- Time-out settings.
Once done, click on Save.
Turn on "Mobile Hotspot"
- From the Homescreen, drag the Notification drawer down > Turn on "Mobile Hotspot".
- On your other device (tablet, PC or another smartphone), search for the Mobile hotspot and connect using the previously defined password.