Windows 8.1 - Set the duration for the display of system notifications
To change the duration for the display of system notifications of Windows 8.1, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Charm Bar (Windows + C).
- Click on Settings > Change PC Settings.
- Scroll to "Ease of Access" > "Other options".
- In the right-pane, use the drop menu under "Show notifications for" to make your selection".
- Open the Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make it easier to focus on tasks.
- Scroll to "Adjust time limits and flashing visual".
- Adjust your settings using the menu below "How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open?".