How to organize your job search on the Internet? CV hosting platforms, the use of professional social networks, job boards: a practical guide to facilitate your online job search.
Build your online professional identity
The CV publishing platforms
Making your resume avialable online is probably the first step to take.
There are several CV hosting services that exist:
- Remixjobs.com (web and freelance recruitment jobs).
Professional social networks
- Viadeo: a social network with a large French audience
- LinkedIn: it is designed for professionals around the world
- Yupeek: professional social network for students and graduates
- Wizbii: professional social network for students and graduates
After creating a profile on one of these networks (or several of them):
- Import your e-mail directory (invite contacts)
- enhance your profile: experience, training, skills, portfolio, etc.
- subscribe to "business" pages (LinkedIn, Viadeo).
Create an online professional business cards
Bring together, on a single page all the links to your various social profiles and thus provide a "summary" of your online identity:
The job boards or job ad sites
The "job boards" are sites used by recruiters to distribute jobs in many fields of activities.
Follow the accounts of companies in the sector that interests you
- Subscribe to keywords (hashtags). Eg: #engineer #recruitment
Published by deri58
Latest update on July 23, 2013 at 04:54 AM by deri58.