Windows 8.1 - Prevent users from uninstalling apps from the Startscreen
To prevent users from unistalling apps from the startscreen of Windows 8.1, follow the below procedure:
- Press Windows key + X and select "Run"
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- The Local Group Policy Editor shall open up.
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
- In the right pane scroll to "Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start"
- The default status of this policy is set to "Not Configured".
- Double-click on this entry and set it to "Enabled".
- Click on Ok to save your settings and close the Local Group Policy window.
Published by deri58
Latest update on May 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM by deri58.