Notepad may seems to be a program without much interest, but in fact it possesses several interesting functions:
Change the reading order
Not every language has the same reading direction. Example: the Arabic language and all its dialects, are written and read from right to left.
- To change the reading direction of a text under Notepad:
- Right-click over a blank space of your document > Right to left reading order.
Create a log file, to take control of your time working on a tex, document...
You are using Notepad to create a document and want to control your working time, follow the below procedure:
- Enter at the top of the body of the text, the upper left interface Notepad ".LOG" before closing your document.
- When you reopen the document, the date and time at which the latter was used for the last time, will be displayed.
- See the image below:
Insert the current date and time
- To insert the current date and time in your Notepad document, proceed as follows:
- Click on "Edit" and select Time / Date