Windows 8.1 - Prevent websites from accessing your language list
To enable this feature under Windows 8, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Control Panel
- In the "Clock, Language, and Region" section, click on "Change input methods".
- In the left pane, click on "Advanced Settings".
- In the "Language for web content" section, check: "Don't let websites access my language list. The language of my date, time, and number formatting will be used instead".
- Open the Charms Bar (Windows key + C).
- Go to Settings > Change PC settings > Privacy.
- Go to the General section and turn off "Let websites provide locally relevant content by accessing my language list".