Make phone calls, check your e-mails or calendar, play games ... but also take pictures and videos. Smartphones are versatile devices. Provided that you make use the right applications and follow a few rules, the smartphone is an excellent medium to shoot your holiday videos.
Using the right applications
The vast majority of smartphones can capture video. The quality is lower than a dedicated camera, but it is a great tool to shoot pictures and videos on the fly
Depending on the model and operating system, a video application is provided.
Many additional applications are available for download. They allow you to add effects to your videos or share them on social networks.
Some tips to make a good video
- Check the battery,
- Check the settings on the smartphone.
- The flash can be enabled or disabled.
- The image quality may be reduced, for example if you want to send a short video by email or MMS.
- Some accessories help to enhance the shooting. Think the tripod to shoot movies quite stabilized or microwave to promote better miking.
Export a Video
Once the video is recorded, it is stored directly in the memory of the smartphone. There are several ways to export: either by email, publishing the video on video sharing websites or by transferring the file on a PC or Mac. The video can also, depending on the application, to be shared on social networks.
Some useful applications:
- Stitch is available on the App Store. The application allows you to make short videos and share them on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Instagram allows you to publish 15-second videos. Filter effects can be added.
- Vine is an application that allows create and publish short videos
- Magisto is useful for creating video clips, adding a theme, filters and a soundtrack.
- Movie Studio is a video editing app for Android OS.
Photo: © Pakhnyushchyy - Fotolia.com
Published by jak58
Latest update on August 6, 2013 at 07:26 AM by jak58.