Many online tools are available to translate your web pages, text and expressions in different languages. When should you use such tools? What are the best automatic translators available? Some precautions to be taken and a list of available services.
Before choosing an automatic online translator
The quality of the translation
Several software and web service providers offer free "machine translation tools".
- Several factors to consider before using these services:
- The quality of translations provided varies depending on the service and the target language(s).
- These translators are often lighter versions of paid services (more efficient).
- They have their limitations for the translation of technical documents (e.g manuals)
- Although the algorithms of these tools are constanly being improved, they do not replace human operators (professional translators).
In which case you can use an automatic online translator?
- Word for word translation (dictionary)
- translation of text and web pages
- translation of business correspondence,
- basic/comprehensive understanding of a text produced in a foreign language.
The different types of automatic online translators
They are suitable for a word for word translation. One of the most used services is wordreference.com
which is available in 16 languages.
Online text translators
They are suitable for translation of text or web pages:
Translators of expressions/sentences
These tools are very useful: they can translate expressions and groups of words (a sentence) based on a database of official documents translated into several languages. Translations are therefore very qualitative.
Published by jak58
Latest update on August 12, 2013 at 07:37 AM by jak58.