Windows 8.1 - How to disable Autoplay
How to disable the Autoplay/ Autorun
feature of Windows 8/8.1?
- Open the Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sounds and go to the AutoPlay section:
- Uncheck "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices".
- Click on the "Save" button.
- Open the Charms bar (Windows key + C) > Settings.
- Click on Change PC Settings > PC and devices.
- Go to the Autoplay section.
- Turn off the following options "Use Autoplay for all media and devices".
You can also disable autoplay for a specific devices:
- Via the same menu, click on the device of your choice and select: "Take no action".