What are the essential information to be provided in your online resume? What are the tools that can be used? Some tips to get started:
What are the online resources at disposal and how to use them:
- Post your resume on several sites for optimum visibility
- Use the same photo on all sites
- Synthesize information (make it short and explicit).
- Choose the appropriate keywords
- Regularly update your resume
- Post your resume in several languages (when applicable).
The essential information to be published
The online tools offer several CV template, but most of the time you will have to enter the following information:
- Job title: specify the job title sought or a particular industry.
- Contact information : address, email address and phone number
- Professional Experience : the most recent to the oldest . It is recommended to include the job title, the company name, the date and type of contract.
- Training: academic and professional training.
- Skills: in this section you will need to use the appropriate keywords: languages spoken ??, softwares and specific skills acquired through work experience.
Mistakes to be avoided
- In the same way as a classic resume:
- Don't try to be "too original", especially if the industry does not lend itself to it.
- Don't copy content from another CV
- Avoid publishing your CV without proofreading,
- Don't lie about qualifications skills and experience .
Online Resume: some solutions
Some examples of sites allowing you to publish your resume online:
Photo : © momius - Fotolia.com
Published by jak58
Latest update on September 4, 2013 at 09:34 AM by jak58.