If you are unable to download an application from Google Play, either because it is restricted for your country or requires that your device has 3G (e.g WhatsApp), you can download the app in the APK format on your computer and then transfer it to your device for installation. In order to download applications from Google Play in APK format, we will use the APK Downloader extension for Google Chrome
. This extension is not available on Chrome Web Store, follow the below procedure to install it
- Download APK Downloader using another browser.
- Open Google Chrome then click on the Customize & Control Google Chrome button > Settings> Extensions.
- Drag the file .crx extension to Google Chrome Extensions page
- In the window that opens, click "Add" to install APK Downloader
- In the Google Chrome Extensions page, click on the "Settings" located under APK Downloader.
- In the window that opens, enter the email associated with your Android device, password, your Android device ID (download Device ID on your Android to get this info).
- Then click on "Login"
- Now go to Google Play and select the application you want to download.
- Click on the APK Downloader icon to start the download.
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM by Jeff.