Add tracking information to e-mail
Outlook provide several tools to track your emails:
- Delivery and read receipt: receive notifications upon delivery or opening (reading) a message.
- Vote: To answer by Yes or No to a simple survey or add other voting buttons . Results are tracked and counted.
- Follow-up actions: to apply a flag to a message that requires action on your part or that of a recipient.
Delivery and read receipt
A delivery receipt confirming that the email has been delivered to the inbox of the recipient, but it won't indicate if recipient has not seen or read the message. A
read receipt tells you that a message has been opened. In both cases, you receive a notification message in your inbox.
It should be noted that the message recipient can refuse to send a read receipt (this option may be set as default). In addition, some email programs do not support the sending of read receipts. To add a delivery or read receipt in your emails:
- Go to the Options tab > Tracking
- Request a Delivery Receipt
- Request a Read Receipt
Under Outlook 2010, you can easily conduct a survey by including voting buttons in your email messag The votes of the recipients will be send to your inbox.
- In the message window, go to the Options tab > Tracking
- Click Use Voting Buttons and choose one of the following:
- Approve;Reject : to be used for an application or proposal.
- Yes, No : Where only 2 possible anwers are available.
- Yes, No, Maybe: this voting option offers recipients with a third choice.
- Custom: to create your custom response buttons.
Add a flag to a message
- You can add a flag to a message (as a reminder):
- Simply right-click on the small Flag icon next to the message of your choice and choose your settings:
Original document published on CommentcaMarche.net
Published by deri58
Latest update on September 12, 2013 at 06:22 AM by deri58.