As for other operating systems, Linux is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. In this practical tip to learn how you can find out the version of using you are using:
- Open a terminal/console and type the following command "getconf LONG_BIT".
- The console will then return a value, either 32 or 64.
- Alternatively, you can enter the command: "uname -m".
- The console will return on of the following values:
- "i386" or "i686" for 32-bit systems
- "X86_64" or "amd64" for 64-bit systems
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM by jak58.