Windows 8 - Create a virtual drive
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a virtual drive under Windows 8:
- Press Windows key + X > Disk Management.
- Click on the Action Menu > Create VHD
The "Create and Attach Virtual Hard Disk" dialog box shall open.
- 1- Select where you want to create the virtual disk.
- 2-The size
- 3-Select the format for your virtual disk: VHD or VHDX.
- 4-Select the type of Virtual disk you want to create: fixes size or one that will dynnamically adjust its size.
- Click on Ok to create your virtual disk.
- Your virtual disk will be listed in the Disk Management window.
- Right-click on it and select "Initialize"
- Your virtual disk is not intialized and online, but still the space is unallocated.
- Right-click > New Simple Volume
- The new Volume Wizard shall open, follow the steps and click on the finish button.
- Your virtual disk is ready for use:
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 2, 2014 at 05:50 AM by Jeff.