The Samsung Galaxy S4 can share content with a Samsung Smart TV connected to the same Wi-Fi network, using the DLNA technology. Using this method, no complex configuration is required, you just have to connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Connecting both devices without a Wi-Fi router
In the absence of a Wi-Fi router, you can use Wi-Fi Direct, which allows to connect two wireless devices directly without the need of an access point. This means that you don't need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to share content between your Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Smart TV.
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct on Samsung Smart TV
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Go to Network.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct.
- Your TV will search for nearby Wi-Fi devices.
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Go to Settings> Wi-Fi> Wi-Fi Direct.
- Your phone will search for nearby Wi-Fi devices.
Establishing connection between the devices
- Select your Samsung Smart TV in the list of available devices.
- A notification appears on the TV screen.
Stream photos or videos to your TV
- On your mobile, open your photo or video gallery.
- Select the photo or video you want to convey.
- Press the button on the top left of the screen, next to the Share button.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV.
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 15, 2013 at 05:02 AM by deri58.